Here are 10 inspirational quotes that inspire me to pursue my goals…
1. Why set BIG goals: “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” –Les Brown
2. Goals give our lives meaning: “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” –Bill Copeland
3. What goal is all about: “A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at.” –Bruce Lee
4. Stop playing small: “The great danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” –Michelangelo
5. How to write your goal: “Write down the goal and make it plain so that your team can work on it until it’s achieved.” –Habakkuk 2:2
A useful way of write powerful goals is to use the S.M.A.R.T mnemonic. While there are different version of this concept (some of which I’ve included in parenthesis), S.M.A.R.T goal stands for:
S – Specific (or Significant).
M – Measurable (or Meaningful).
A – Attainable (or Action-Oriented).
R – Relevant (or Rewarding).
T – Time-bound (or Trackable).
For example, instead of says, I want to lose weight this year. I recommend the following statement: “I’m working on my plan to lose 10 pounds by December 31, 2020.”
6. Decide how far you want to go in life and pursue it: “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” –Zig Ziglar
7. Patience makes all the difference: “Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don’t quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don’t quit until you reach it. Never quit.” –Bear Bryant
8. Stay focused at all times: “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” –Henry Ford
9. “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” –Confucius
10. “It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there will be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.” –Mahatma Gandhi
Every day take a BOLD step toward your goal. Remember, people may have great knowledge, the best of skills, powerful abilities, the most positive of attitudes and the strongest of beliefs, but if they just sit on their butts with all these attributes, nothing is going to come out of it.
Action is the basis of all success.
If you want to transform your life or your business, your must take action every day toward your goal. While every action may not give immediate success, but no success is possible without action.
Question… Are you having a hard time setting SMART goals and falling short to achieve them?
If so, I can help.
Sign up for a FREE coaching session today!