I believe that as babies we are born with high self-esteem. However, for some of us bad experiences have injured our self-esteem. Thankfully, self-esteem can always be restored and strengthened at any age.
What is self-esteem? “Self-esteem is your overall opinion of yourself — how you feel about your abilities and limitations. When you have healthy self-esteem, you feel good about yourself and see yourself as deserving the respect of others. When you have low self-esteem, you put little value on your opinions and ideas. You might constantly worry that you aren’t good enough” (mayoclinic).
Self-esteem is your overall feeling about you. Therefore, you can choose to boost your esteem at any time. If you are ready to get started, you can any of the following 10 tips:
- Take a Self-Esteem Inventory
- Focus on your strengths while managing your weaknesses
- Commit to personal and professional development
- Set realistic expectations of yourself and others
- Set Aside Perfectionism and embrace your humanity
- Express yourself and be authentic
- Stop Comparing Yourself to Others:
- Be flexible
- Help others: This practice will help you to maintain a happier and balance life.
- Pursue career and business in the field of your strengths, interest and passion
We all can improve our self-esteem. As you continue to practice the above tips, your esteem will be improved and your life will be transformed.
For more tips on how to improve your self-esteem, sign up for a complementary coaching session coachjamesjsutin.com!
I look forward to seeing on our next events!