Mindset is a particular way of thinking, a focusing, an attitude, a belief system or a set of opinions on something. Your mindset determines who you are. It affects your feelings and your actions; and your behaviors determine your results. If you want different results in your life and in your business, you must first change your mindset.
After decades of research, Dr. Carol Dweck discovered and introduced the concept of Fixed Mindset and the Growth Mindset.
“In a fixed mindset, people BELIEVE their basic qualities, like their intelligence or talent, are simply fixed traits. They spend their time documenting their intelligence or talent instead of developing them. They also believe that talent alone creates success, joy and happiness without effort. They’re wrong.
In contrast, in growth mindset, people BELIEVE that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.”
Here are 17 Inspirational quotes to inspire you:
1. “I don’t divide the world into the weak and the strong, or the successes and the failures. . .I divide the world into the learners and the non-learners” (Benjamin Barber).
2. This is hard. This is fun. Carol Dweck summing up the Growth Mindset
3. Ask ‘How will they learn best?’ not ‘Can they learn?’ Jaime Escalante
4. Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up. Carol Dweck
5. Important achievements require a clear focus, all-out effort, and a bottomless trunk full of strategies. Plus allies in learning. Carol Dweck
6. Just because some people can do something with little or no training, it doesn’t mean that others can’t do it (and sometimes do it even better) with training. Carol Dweck
7. Wow, that’s a really good score. You must have worked really hard. Carol Dweck demonstrating Growth Mindset praise
8. There is something about seeing myself improve that motivates and excites me. Jackie Joyner-Kersee
9. A company that cannot self-correct cannot thrive. Carol Dweck
10. I wish to have as my epitaph: ‘Here lies a man who was wise enough to bring into his service men who knew more than he.’ Andrew Carnegie
11. If parents want to give their children a gift, the best thing they can do is to teach their children to love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning. Carol Dweck
12. If you don’t give anything, don’t expect anything. Success is not coming to you, you must come to it. Marva Collins
13. You have to apply yourself each day to becoming a little better. By becoming a little better each and every day, over a period of time, you will become a lot better. John Wooden
14. You’re in charge of your mind. You can help it grow by using it in the right way. Carol Dweck
15. Vowing, even intense vowing, is often useless. The next day comes and the next day goes. What works is making a vivid, concrete plan. Carol Dweck on Gollwitzer’s research findings
16. What did you learn today? What mistake did you make that taught you something? What did you try hard at today? Carol Dweck on the growth mindset
17. What can I learn from this? What will I do next time I’m in this situation? Carol Dweck on handling setbacks the growth mindset way