Did you know that MEDITATION can help you reduce stress and improve your quality of life? Meditation is focused thinking. It’s a spiritual, psychological and physical exercise involving contemplating, reflecting and concentrating. Meditation is important because it affects our thinking and wellbeing. Our thinking determines our behaviors, and our behaviors determine our results.
The benefits of Meditation are enormous. Research from the Emory University School of Medicine, the Mayo Clinic and other organizations support the 5 benefits outline in this blog.
1. STRESS MANAGEMENT: According to neuroscientists, as you continue to meditate your brain physically changes, even though you’re not aware of it re-shaping itself. Meditation activates the ‘Rest and Digest’ part of our nervous system helping with stress management.
2. CREATIVITY: Research found meditation to promote ‘Divergent Thinking’ a type of thinking that allows many new ideas to be generated. Meditation affects awareness and the filtering out of other mental processes during creative tasks.
3. FOCUS: Neuroscientists have also found that, after just 11 hours of meditation, practitioners had structural changes in the part of the brain involved in monitoring our focus and self control. Researchers have found that, compared with the people who didn’t meditate, ‘those trained in meditation stayed on tasks longer and made fewer task switches.’
4. RELATIONSHIPS: Research with married couples has found meditation improved marital quality and communication. When you are relaxed and become self-aware, it is easier to communicate with others. It’s also easier to accept others as they are.
5. Increase your HAPPINESS and health: Research shows that meditation promotes positive emotions, increase life satisfaction, boost immune function, decrease pain and inflammations.
For centuries, people have been enjoying the benefits of meditation. Now, it’s your turn! To learn more about the benefits and how to meditation, call or email me today!