P.S: Are your coming to the next Success and Happiness Workshop? Let us know by this Saturday, September 19, 2015 by calling 407-493-7486 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org! See details below…
To achieve greater success and happiness, we all need self-control. What’s self-control? It’sthe process of delaying short-term gratification for long-term results.
There are many benefits for practicing self-control. People with self-control are happier. A recent study by Hofmann and colleagues (2013) has linked self-control to life satisfaction. Self-control may not give instant gratification, instead it may bring contentment in the long run or long-term happiness. Postponing needs and achieving one’s goals is a measure of success and it provides satisfaction, which is likely to make us happy. Also, high self-control is linked to better interpersonal relationships, better family cohesion and less family conflict.
Lack of self-control is one of the obstacles preventing success and happiness. It can lead to selfishness and limited our results.
Here are 5 Tips to boost your self-control…
1. Decide on a definite goals to pursue. Pick goals that are consistent to your interest, passion and purpose. This action will keep you focus and find the self-discipline within to pursue and achieve your goals.
2. Encourage yourself to stick to your plan and get help from your team to keep you focus.
3. Sleep 8 hours per day and go for a walk 3 times per week. The healthier you are physically, the better prepare you will be psychologically to wait patiently until your goals are acheived.
4. Prayer and meditation will help you reduce stress. In pursuing your goals, it’s best to minimize your stress level as much as possible.
5. Celebrate every win and reward yourself for achieving any goal.
Self-control is like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets. As you continue to practice the tips provided, your self-control muscle will be strengthen.
To a happier you!