The attitude of giving is the pathway to lasting success, joy, happiness and fulfillment. Virtually, everyone who has achieved lasting success, practiced the art of giving. Strategically, the more you give, the more you’ll receive.
Here are 5 quotes to reflect on as you prepare for the giving season:
1. “Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full–pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.” ~ Luke 6:38
2. “At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by ‘I was hungry and you gave me to eat, I was naked and you clothed me, I was homeless and you took me in.’ Hungry not only for bread — but hungry for love. Naked not only for clothing — but naked for human dignity and respect. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks — but homeless because of rejection.” ~ Mother Teresa
3. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
4. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” ~ Albert Einstein
5. “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” ~ Zig Ziglar
The practice of giving is a privilege; and it’s not a price.
If you’re new at giving back, start by following these simple steps:
1. Select your top 3 favorite charities such as your local church, or an organization that serves children and widows; and/or your loved ones
2. Decide the amount of fund or time you want to donate
3. Automate your giving for consistency.
You can give money, time and expertise.
Annually, you can review your giving and make changes as needed.
I find the tips above to be very effective and still use them even today.
When you give, do it willingly with love and wisdom. Give with a cheerful heart!
When you give, what feeling do you experience, and how do you express it?
Please leave a comment below and share this blog with your loved ones!
Until next time, think BIG, take a BOLD step each day to achieve your goals and Enjoy your life!