One of the things we all want in life is “HAPPINESS.” And if happiness is so important why do we have so many unhappy people in the world? This blog highlight the 3 biggest obstacles preventing happiness. More importantly, it offers you tips to overcome those obstacles and transform your life to greater success, joy and happiness!
What does happiness mean to you?
Here’re some definitions to consider as you define your happiness. Happiness is fulfilled desires. We often get happy when we achieve our desires. Happiness is a journey. It’s not the absence of sadness, but it is the path of gladness, giving and gratefulness. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. “Happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new” (Antoine de Saint-Exupery). “Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude” (Denis Waitley). It’s the state of being happy, finding satisfaction, contentment, cheerfulness, joy, delight, good spirit, positive mental attitude, lightheartedness, enjoyment; exuberance, pleasure and bliss.
3 tips preventing happiness
There are many reasons why people get unhappy. Here are the 3 biggest obstacles preventing happiness:
• Mindset is a particular way of thinking, an attitude, a belief or a set of opinions about something. Our mindset can either be positive or proactive and negative or fixed.
• Nothing drives our energy to pursue happiness more than a negative mental attitude. This mindset keeps us in a state of fear, anxiety and lack.
• Positive mental attitude gives us a hopeful outlook, the faith and the belief that we can do something great and empowers us to just do it.
2. OPERANT CONDITIONING:
• It’s the process of training ourselves to do something or to act in a certain way in a particular situation.
• Our operant conditioning is a type of learning where behaviors are CONTROLLED by consequences and rewards. It influences our every day life, and sometime without us being aware of our behaviors.
• Our conditionings determine our action and our action determine our outcomes.
• We are the company we keep. “Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company” (Booker T. Washington).
• Our friends can make or break us. If we want to be happy, we must surround ourselves with happy people. We must develop meaningful relationships.
Happiness is a choice. We all can decide to be happy no matter what our circumstances may be. It’s true that we live in an imperfect world, and there are events that are beyond our control. These events such as cancer, blindness, death of a loved one can affect our happiness. We can feel sad, depress and disappointed at sometime. However, I want to encourage you to never stay in a constant state or attitude of unhappiness.
For more tips on success, joy and HAPPINESS, call 407-493-7486 and post your comments below!