Coaching is the processes of helping an individual achieve maximum potential for professional and personal productivity.
Whereas, Psychotherapy–also called “talk therapy” or just plain “therapy” is a process whereby psychological problems are treated through communication and relationship factors between an individual and a trained mental health professional.
Individual Coaching is different than Individual Therapy in that it does not treat clinical illness. Clients are healthy, willing, and capable of reaching their goals. Coaching focuses on the future, not the past. Life Coaching focuses on goals, career goals such as relationship, family and preparedness for major life events (marriage, house, child, etc).
Business or Executive Coaching focuses on goals such as starting a business, productivity, team building, management-employee relations, sales, and corporate transitions.
• Assumes the client needs healing • Assumes the clients is highly-functional
• Roots in medicine, psychiatry • Roots in business and personal growth venues
• Works with people to achieve self-understanding and emotional healing • Works to motivate people to a higher level of functioning
• Focuses on feelings and past events, past-orientation • Focuses on actions and the future; goal-orientation
• Explores the root of problems • Focuses on solving problems
• Works to bring the unconscious into consciousness • Works with the conscious mind
• Works for internal resolution of pain and to let go of old patterns • Works for solutions to overcome barriers, learn new skills and implement effective choices
Source: Hayden, C. J., and Whitworth, L. “Distinctions Between Coaching and Therapy.” International Association of Personal and Professional Coaches Newsletter, October 1995.
What are the benefits of coaching?
The benefits of coaching are enormous. Our clients report improvement in work performance, better business management, increase profit, increase employee engagement and peak performance, better time management and continue to achieving their goals. And as your coach, it’s our responsibility to work with you and help you…
• Define your vision
• Set S.M.A.R.T goals
• Develop a strategic plan to win
• And help you move into a state of peak performance to achieve extraordinary results!
That’s how you win! And that’s when taking a big deep breath comes easy–perhaps for the very first time in years and years! YES! Imagine that!
What’s the next step?
Everyone deserves to feel fulfilled, joy and achieve personal and professional success. We often face challenges and events which make it difficult to navigate our lives.
Are you struggling with stress, career, finance or relationships?
Are you ready to transform your life and your business?
AWESOME! Let’s just do it!
Before we get started, I want to share one thing with you; and it’s a little “James’ straight talk”. Before I say it, I want you to know one thing–it’s from my heart. Every cell within my body wants to see you ACHIEVE, and to THRIVE, and to BE ALIVE!
So let’s say you don’t call me, or fill out my contact form or reach out in some way.
Where will that leave you? Will you still be stuck or frustrated or in the “spin cycle”? Will you be on a clear path to achieving your full potential and enjoying every day life and taking your business to the next level year after years?
Will you be kicking yourself for the rest of your life if you didn’t try everything possible to achieve complete freedom from all your challenges and struggles?
I can’t make the decision for you. It’s 100% up to you.
I CAN help you, but you’ve got to take the first step.
If you’re ready to totally transform your life and your business, click HERE to request a complementation coaching session today!
I look forward to helping you achieve EXTRAORDINARY resuts!
James Justin, MSW